C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, October 31, 2008

The Battle of Light vs. Darkness

Joe.My.God. has posted this rightwing propaganda video, which is just in time for Halloween: sure spooks the shit outta me. Notice the strong resemblance to Hitler's fearmongering radio broadcasts, and the seig-heil Nuremburg rallies. All in the name of God: love = hate, right?

And all this just to ensure that two men and a little dog far out on the prairie in a remote province can NOT live out their lives together in peace and dignity, under the protection of the law like any other loving couple. Light versus darkness: oh yeah, it is that, but these dopes/dupes have got it exactly backwards.

Prop 8 is hotly contested out in California; and as one fundie Joe quotes over there put it, "if same-sex marriage stands in California, it will sweep all over the world." That's exactly right. And about damn time.

I forgot to post a donation link with my Write to Marry post the other day; deadline is midnight tonight, and the stakes are high. Give what you can, please.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails