C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, October 3, 2008

Afternoon Drive: Suspicious Minds

Well, I reckon the country can breathe a little easier this weekend:

* Palin didn't make a complete fool of herself in the debate last night; well, nobody's perfect. For her family's sake, I'm glad she was able to make a respectable-enough performance. Though of course she amply showed once again that her party is unfit to govern.

* Obama's lead over McCain in all the national polls continues to grow.

* And the House passed the bailout bill by a good margin; so the next Depression hasn't started. Yet.

It's a gorgeous fall afternoon here in Texas, 75 and sunny. Guess we can all kick back now, enjoy a cold one, and rock on into the weekend with Dwight Yoakam's guitar-string-busting live rendition of "Suspicious Minds," offered here in the spirit of bipartisan unity that's been talked about so much this week.

Crank it up and have a good one, y'all.

2 comments:

David said...

Sunny and mild here in Kansas City too Russ. Have a GREAT weekend amigo!

Russ Manley said...

Thanks, hope yours is good too, pardner!

Russ

Related Posts with Thumbnails