C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, July 23, 2026

What We're Watching: Miss Polly (1941)

We are sweltering through some mighty hot weather down here in Texas, boys - Tuesday it was 104 degrees, and the heat index was a whopping 119!  The temperature inside the house was 85, even with the a/c system and all fans going full blast.  We had a serviceman come out yesterday who cleaned and recharged the a/c, which helped; and also, the outdoor temp cooled off to a mere 98 degrees.

When we hear of silly-ass people in France or wherever agonizing over whether it is "ethical" to use air conditioning in extreme heat, we just laugh.  The question here in the Lone Star State is:  You want to live or die?  It's that simple.

I hope all my truckbuddies are staying cool and comfortable.  If you need something to take your mind off the weather, here's an amusing B movie from 1941 made by the Hal Roach studios - they also made the Our Gang comedies in the 1930s.  

We like to watch old movies or TV shows during dinner at the kitchen bar; and it seems I have made a convert of M.P., who wasn't quite sure who Zasu Pitts was until I started playing some of her movies.  Now he thinks she's swell.  See what you think.

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails