C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, June 6, 2023

The Pork Boys Do the Merry Month of May

To celebrate the return of spring and a profusion of blooms in the yard, we had several festive dinners last month.  We post these pictures to remind ourselves, but you can have a peek, too.


M,P. created a beautiful miniature maypole for May Day, which stayed on the table several weeks and has since been carefully packed away for future re-use.


English onion soup, from ye olde Englisshe receipt.

Roasted goat legs, according to some olde Englisshe custom.
Actually, it's just chicken legs, as M.P. couldn't find any 
fresh goats on sale.

Pea Salad, an olde Texas delight.  Try it, you'll like it.

Parsleyed carrots and potatoes, very yummy.

It looks big, but actually it's a little pan of little yeast rolls,
hot out of the oven and smelling so good.

All of the above, for starters.





In honor of His Majesty's Coronation, we had the famous coronation chicken, a recipe devised for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953.  I expected something hot and savory; to my surprise, it was cool and sweet, a bit fruity - something to feed a festive crowd.

At the end of the month, M.P. switched to a seashore theme, having found some plates and matching napkins at the Dollar Store, and using some trimmings from the house plants.  Altogether it made a cool, restful beach-house ambiance for our dinner - I could almost smell the salt air.

Shrimp toasts - we couldn't wait for a full picture.

Our first gladiola of the year!  Surrounded with some of our bumper crop of phlox.




Fried catfish and fried okra - two of my most favorite things.

Baked beans, potato salad, homemade tartar sauce, and cooked cole slaw with crushed pineapple added - a sensation.

You'll notice we had napkins to match the plates and napkins to match the plants.  M.P. thinks of everything.

A fish fry by the seaside suits the Pork Boys just fine.

And to end on a fabulous note - cool and creamy pina colada cake.
How sweet it is!

-----
Related Posts with Thumbnails