C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, June 12, 2021

Trooping the Colour, 2021

The Queen's official birthday was celebrated earlier today at Windsor Castle with the centuries-old ceremony of Trooping the Colour, the splendid epitome of British pageantry.  The BBC takes us there:


Bonus:  The Queen and other members of the Royal Family hosted the G7 leaders at a dinner yesterday at the Eden Project in rural Cornwall:

President Biden and the First Lady were there; it is remarkable to think that when Her Majesty's reign began in 1952, Harry Truman was in the White House - and Winston Churchill in 10 Downing Street.

As international conferences go, this one has been pretty sedate so far: no chairs have been thrown, and nobody has gotten punched out. Everyone was, thankfully, on their best behavior in the Queen's presence, though I notice that Justin I'm-too-sexy-for-my-shirt Trudeau just had to wear brown shoes to prove he is the King of Cool. Ah, well.

-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

Vivat Elizabetha Regina

Russ Manley said...

Semper Vivat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails