C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Red Party at the Pork Boys'!


OMG those malevolent benevolent sodomites are at it again!  This time with the enigmatically simple theme of the color red for a secret dîner à deux behind closed doors at an undisclosed location.  Just look at all the red in this photograph, and the unnatural angle of the plates.  What kind of deviants would set a table like that?

And what can it possibly mean?  Are they plotting to destroy the American Family?  Topple Western Civilization?  Who can save the Nation from this dire menace?


Before I show you last Sunday's dinner, I should mention that on Saturday night, I fried up some chicken livers and okra, and also made pan gravy and glazed carrots - and M.P.  made a new batch of those delicious 7-Up biscuits we had last week.  Now like many a Southern boy, M.P. loves fried chicken livers better than just about anything, and in particular he loves my chicken livers.  Despite all his culinary prowess, he says he just can't make good chicken livers, which are in fact the simplest thing in the world, but do require a light touch and delicate timing - only two minutes each side - as opposed to the freewheeling, strong-arm cookery M.P. is renowned for.

Well, he was so thrilled with my chicken livers the other night that he proclaimed me the King of Chicken Livers - high praise indeed - and specifically wanted me to announce the fact to all my co-conspirators truckbuddies.  So now you have been duly informed.  In future, kindly address all cards and letters to His Liverish Majesty so I'll be sure to get them.

On the Sunday, M.P. bestirred himself to rustle up a somewhat simple, but scrumptious fish dinner, to wit, starting at half past twelve in the photo below:
  • Deviled eggs - one of the Pork Boys' perennial favorites.
  • Fried okra - left over from the night before and still perfectly scrumptious.   I know some of you have a very poor opinion of our Divine Vegetable.  But you Yankee boys really ought to loosen up and live a little while you still can, don't you think?
  • Oven-fried swai - a white, fluffy, flavorful fish made even more so with the addition of Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, bacon crumbles, and minced mint leaves fresh from our garden.  Superb.  Served with homemade tartar sauce.
  • Rosemary rice - just what it sounds like, white rice flavored with minced rosemary from the garden, and a little bacon grease.  It's a Cajun thing.  Sort of.
  • 7-Up biscuits - sooo good gently warmed and served with softened butter.
  • White Zinfandel - we highly recommend Winking Owl (California, 2019) for its bashful crystalline bouquet and lilting fruity-nut undertones at a surprisingly modest cost.
No dessert this week, sadly, as M.P. is counting calories and carbs.  So after he retired, I ate oatmeal cookies in my room to appease my sweet tooth.


A simple but quite filling and quite tasty dinner that brought a very pleasant weekend of late sleeping, household chores, lawncare, grocery shopping, and merry conversations about art, music, and movies - not to mention excursions into fractal geometry and Mayan anthropology - to a contented close.  And with that indecipherably coded message to guide your doings, I leave you, my fellow masticators, to carry out your own secret missions, whether in the kitchen or out.

You Know What To Do.  Mwahahaha!


4 comments:

Frank said...

Your recipe for chicken livers, please.
Come to think of it I have not seen chicken livers in the supermarket here in New Mexico. I used to make them once in while back east. I'll check Food King...they may have them.

Russ Manley said...

Just sent the recipe to you, let me know if you got it.

Davis said...

Diner en Rouge - all the rage evidently. Looks great and you can serve me deviled eggs for my last meal.

Russ Manley said...

Certainly, sir. We will make a note of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails