C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, July 18, 2019

Theresa May on Absolutism and Tribalism

As a foreigner, I will forbear to judge Mrs. May's tenure at the head of the British government; but in one of her last speeches as Prime Minister, she has some things to say about the corrosion of democracy in Britain that are just as applicable to the American scene.




As Mrs. May observes, the disintegration of democracy, civility, and fraternity seems to be happening all over the world -- and with alarming speed, is what I say. Until just a couple of years ago, it was still possible to believe that sanity and good sense would somehow prevail among the peoples of the world and here at home; now I am not so sure.

But there this weary old man must leave you to make your own reflections.




3 comments:

Davis said...

Certainly civility has all but disappeared in public and even private discourse. The Truck is one of the few places I know where people treat one another with kindness.

Michael said...

Thanks for posting the video. I listened to it. What she said certainly applies to politics in the USA. I never thought in a million years I would have a president who would call people losers. I can only hope that 2020 will be a year in which the tide turns back toward civility to all.

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate your thoughts, guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails