C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, March 21, 2019

The Pork Boys Do St. Pat's Day, 2019


M.P. got his Irish on for our St. Patrick's Day dinner, as the photos show.

M.P. worked for hours trying to get this shamrock fold to come out right, using an iron to set the edges just so.

The simple table scarf is several green bandanas ironed flat and folded together, bordered by green Mardi Gras beads.

At left, Irish soda bread; at right, pasties filled with meat and potato

A rarebit sauce to go on the soda bread

A luscious dark brown gravy to go over the pasties
Some tasty Guinness Draught Stout to accompany the appetizers
Our succulent corned beef, hot from the oven, glazed with mustard and brown sugar

M.P.'s renowned Truckstop Cabbage with red onions and carrots

Delicious potato pancakes topped with green onion bits and served with sour cream

M.P. takes particular pride in his scones, which are very tender inside, a real treat served piping hot with butter.

More stout to wash down the corned beef, potato pancakes, truckstop cabbage, and scones

Dinner left us so full we could hardly eat our delicious dessert, chocolate cake made with Guinness, topped with a frothy chocolate topping and shaved chocolate bits.  But we made a gallant effort.

I may update some descriptions with more details when I have a chance to double-check with the cook.  It was a scrumptious meal, though, and very filling.  We both conked out early afterwards and slept like babies.

2 comments:

Frank said...

You've got to stop torturing me with these food photos...if I'm ever in your neighborhood during one of these celebrations, I'll be tempted to invite myself over.

Russ Manley said...

I mean no harm - wish I could hand you a plate.

PS - don't give up on the artichokes. M.P. knows a simpler, easier way to cook them, which I'll try to get him to type out for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails