C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Obameter: Final Score

Politifact, a website run by the Tampa Bay Times, started a fact-checking subsite called the Obameter when the current President took office in 2009, designed to track the fulfillment, or not, of Obama's 533 campaign promises.   The final tally is shown below, with a score of 48.4% for Promises Kept:


No doubt that score would have been higher if Republicans in Congress had not stonewalled the President at every single turn, to the point of actually shutting down the government.

At the Obameter site you can browse through all 533 promises to see what has been done or left undone with each one over the last eight years.

Politifact also tracks the statements and promises of other politicians, including Obama's successor, with its Truth-O-Meter.  Whether fact-checking and truth-telling will remain legal under the next administration, however, is anyone's guess.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails