C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, June 12, 2016

Horror in Orlando


Your Head Trucker slept late this afternoon and is just now taking in the grievous news of what is the deadliest shooting in American history, according to President Obama:



Full text of the President's remarks here.

The President has also ordered U. S. flags to be flown at half-staff for the next three days.

I have no words, only thoughts of sympathy and condolence for the wounded and the families of the dead.


New York Times account of the massacre.

Washington Post account.

Los Angeles Times account.

Orlando Sentinel account.


Queen Elizabeth II issued a statement of sympathy:
Prince Philip and I have been shocked by the events in Orlando. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who have been affected.

Pope Francis condemned the massacre:
The terrible massacre that has taken place in Orlando, with its dreadfully high number of innocent victims, has caused in Pope Francis, and in all of us, the deepest feelings of horror and condemnation, of pain and turmoil before this new manifestation of homicidal folly and senseless hatred. Pope Francis joins the families of the victims and all of the injured in prayer and in compassion. Sharing in their indescribable suffering he entrusts them to the Lord so they may find comfort. We all hope that ways may be found, as soon as possible, to effectively identify and contrast the causes of such terrible and absurd violence which so deeply upsets the desire for peace of the American people and of the whole of humanity.

Time magazine reports reactions from other world leaders and notables here.


From Reuters:



Via Reluctant Rebel:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails