C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, June 13, 2015

Trooping the Colour, 2015

The Queen's Official Birthday was observed in London today with the splendid pageantry of Trooping the Colour, as has been the custom since 1748, when King George II was on the throne.

Her Majesty took the salute in person on Horse Guards Parade, then returned to Buckingham Palace for the traditional balcony appearance with the other members of the Royal Family, ending with a flypast by the Royal Air Force. Splendiferous!

First, a brief overview from the BBC via CNN:




And here is the tail end of the day's events, including the flypast and a lovely scene of four generations in the line of succession:




Finally, for those who are interested, a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the The King's Troop, Royal Horse Artillery:





Update, 6/14: Here is the BBC coverage of the whole magnificent show:




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails