C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, October 11, 2014

Marriage Tsunami Rolls On

In the last two days, the rolling tide of marriage equality has washed over four more states: Nevada, West VirginiaIdaho, and North Carolina. Just amazing. Here's a sweet clip of the first two men married late yesterday in Raleigh, North Carolina, both of them sheriff's deputies:



Oh my. I have lived to see this day. Your Head Trucker remembers a time when the officers of the law, instead of kissing your sweet lips, would have been kicking your gay ass all over town.

At the moment there are 29 states plus DC with marriage equality - and counting  That covers about three-fifths of the U. S. population.  Here is another ugly but up-to-date map, this time from Freedom to Marry:

Click to enlarge.

1 comment:

Frank said...

All these weddings...I need more tissues.

Related Posts with Thumbnails