C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Haute Cuisine


If you like good food and a glimpse of the high life in Paris, your Head Trucker recommends this charming film that premiered last fall and is now available on Netflix.  A summary from the official trailer:
Hortense Laborie (Catherine Frot), a renowned chef from Perigord, is astonished when the President of the Republic (Jean d'Ormesson) appoints her his personal cook, responsible for creating all his meals at the Elysée Palace. Despite jealous resentment from the other kitchen staff, Hortense quickly establishes herself, thanks to her indomitable spirit. The authenticity of her cooking soon seduces the President, but the corridors of power are littered with traps...
Keep an eye out for the delicious-looking Nicolas (Arthur Dupont), who is Hortense's assistant. The film is in French with English subtitles, but delectable nonetheless.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails