C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, March 3, 2013

Texas Lesbian Beaten by Homophobe on School Playground

Sondra Scarber

The incident occurred in Mesquite, a less-affluent suburb on the east side of Dallas. Although the victim, Sondra Scarber, received a broken jaw in the attack, Mesquite police are not treating it as a hate crime. WFAA reports:
The couple had taken Causey’s son, Jaxon, to the playground at Mesquite’s Seabourn Elementary on Feb. 17. Shortly after arriving at 2:30 p.m., though, the couple said some older children began pushing Jaxon around.

“Sondra said, ‘Can you please keep your hands off of him, he’s only four,’” Causey said.

The father became enraged, she said, when he realized Scarber, who wears baggy clothes and has short hair, is a woman, and that the two are lesbians. Friends since the third grade, Scarber and Causey have been girlfriends for three years. They’re raising Causey’s young son together.

“When he walked up thinking it was father and mom with the kid, he wasn’t as angry,” said Causey, 26, “but then when he figured out it was a female, he got like super pissed, and I don’t know why.”

She said the man punched and kicked Scarber repeatedly, hurling homophobic slurs at her while she lay on the ground, unconscious.

“He was like, ‘well if you think you’re a man… I’m going to treat you like a man,’” Causey said. “All she kept saying was, ‘I’m a female. I’m a female…' She never even had time to take her hands out of pockets to try and block herself.”

Mesquite police haven’t caught the suspect. Officers aren’t convinced the attack meets the true qualifications of a hate crime, since the scuffle among children was the initial trigger.

“At this point, we have no indication the assault occurred because of her sexual orientation,” said Lt. Bill Hedgpeth with the Mesquite police. “Regardless of motive, we want to catch them.”
Scarber's mother has set up a donation page for her (your Head Trucker has not verified it himself, though) and gives further details of the beating:
My 27 year old daughter was at the park with her girlfriend and her son, playing on February 17, 2013 at 2:30 p.m., when a bigger boy around 12 began bullying their 4 year old son, Jaxon. My daughter asked the older boy to please stop. The boy went to his car to his parents at their car and upon returning the boy said “That's him!”. My daughter replied, “I am a female. I am a girl.” Without warning, the B/M punched my daughter while calling her a white dyke bit** and knocked her out with the first blow. He continued kicking, punching, and slapping my daughter, breaking her nose, and shattering her jaw. He stole her earrings, teal Mainers hat, I-Phone 4, which he dropped as he ran from the scene. He choked Sondra with her cross necklace which did not break, and even tried to take her Nike shoes. All of this, in front of a B/F he was with and his 4 children. Sondra suffered two concussions on both sides of her head.

About fourteen men playing basketball and their girlfriends were in the area, but no one tried to help my daughter or her girlfriend, Hillary. They were driving an older silver Chevy Impala with paper tags. This occurred in Mesquite, Texas at Seaborn Elementary on a Sunday. We need help with some kind of reward to help find this creep, and funds as she can not work for at least 6-24 months. Thank you for reading this and any donations.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails