C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

ESPN Airs Pro Bowler Kissing His Husband

My stars, will wonders never cease?  Here's the finale of the 2012 PBA Chameleon Championship in Las Vegas, filmed in November but broadcast last Sunday.



The 30-year-old Scott Norton, whose day job is being an attorney, came out after his championship win in May 2011, and got hitched to his partner, Craig Woodward, in October of that year.  Outsports.com reports:
In what might be a first, ESPN this weekend showed an openly gay male pro athlete kissing his husband and they did not shy away from describing the relationship. . . . Scott Norton won the event over Jason Belmonte and afterward broke down and cried in memory of a friend who had died. He was then shown kissing his husband, Craig Woodward, as they exchanged affectionate words (video below). During the telecast, ESPN’s announcers referred to Woodward as Norton’s husband or spouse.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails