C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, March 14, 2011

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Double Indemnity


Steve Hayes dishes up a fabulous review of one of your Head Trucker's faves, the classic, sexy, suspenseful 1944 film noir:
Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck plot the perfect murder in Billy Wilder's classic film noir DOUBLE IMDEMNITY. With a script by Wilder and veteran noir novelist Raymond Chandler, taken from a hard-boiled story by James M. Cain, DOUBLE INDEMNITY set the benchmark for every noir filmed since. With sterling support from Edward G. Robinson, the plot twists, the dialogue and the sexual heat between Stanwyck and MacMurray heighten the ever-mounting and unforgettable suspense. Nominated for six Oscars, including Best Picture, DOUBLE INDEMNITY is murder.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails