C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, January 14, 2011

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Roman Holiday


The bad news is that Steve is cutting back to every two weeks on his reviews.  The good news is that this week's review is of another one of your Head Trucker's faves.  And it's amazing how studly a beard makes Eddie Albert look.

ROMAN HOLIDAY (1953)

Gregory Peck and Eddie Albert help a princess discover the magic of Rome and Audrey Hepburn win an Oscar in William Wyler's classic, ROMAN HOLIDAY.

Shot on location, featuring Hepburn's American debut and with all the attention to detail and flourishes that marked Wyler's greatest successes, this rollicking comedy and travelogue is a perfect selection for Oscar season and one of the sweetest romances of the 1950's.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails