C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Greetings from 1950

On a wet, cold, miserable Christmas Eve here in Texas, your Head Trucker finds this sixty-year-old newsreel particularly moving, and I am especially touched by the children singing "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing."  Perhaps you will be, too.



A full version of the beautiful lyrics can be found here.

Which your Head Trucker hopes will serve to remind those who need reminding that there is more to life and faith than the ignorant ravings of fundamentalists and totalitarians - be they Christian, or Muslim, or even atheist.

2 comments:

Stan said...

This time of year is rough for some of us who no longer have our beloved partners around anymore. But all the Angels in America and the World are still with us forever in our hearts. I think of them whenever I see Angels in all the decorations this time of year.

Russ Manley said...

Oh buddy I know exactly what you mean. My husband had a huge collection of angels, crystal, porcelain, ceramic etc. that I had to leave behind. But yes our angels are always with us in our hearts. Bless you man.

Related Posts with Thumbnails