C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, December 12, 2009

Matthew Shepard Video Surfaces


A blog called Joshalot has posted a short video of Matthew Shepard and then-boyfriend Lewis Krider, filmed at Catawba College in North Carolina sometime in the mid-90's.  Though brief, it preserves for posterity the voice of an ordinary, friendly college kid - whose fate was to end up beaten to death and crucified on a wooden fence one dark, freezing Wyoming night.  The vid can't be embedded, but you can see this moving clip here.

More about Matthew and his parents' noble struggle for understanding, compassion, and acceptance on behalf of all LGBT people can be found at the Matthew Shepard Foundation.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails