C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday Drive: Shall We Dance?

One of the most beautiful song-and-dance scenes in all movie history, as performed by Deborah Kerr and Yul Brenner in The King and I (1956):


Bonus: The story of Marni Nixon, the actual voice of many famous musicals:

-----

3 comments:

M. Pierre said...

we spent all those years admiring her voice in other womans rolls. I distinctly remember Deborah Kerr and Audry Hepburn singing in those films and feeling so in awe and excitement at the incredibly beautiful voices of the songs. Later when I learned it was Marnie Nixon I really wanted to see what she looked like, There was no internet then so I went to the library looking through newspapers just to see her face.

M. Pierre said...

Lovely start for a Sunday morning , Thank you .

Russ Manley said...

You're quite welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails