C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, October 11, 2026

Sunday Drive: I Could Have Danced All Night

Last Sunday, I posted a famous film song apparently sung by Deborah Kerr that was actually dubbed by studio singer Marni Nixon.  Here's another one she did, from the musical My Fair Lady (1964) starring Audrey Hepburn:

This making-of doco (1995) shows how the film was restored to its original glory of sight and sound, as well as how the original negative was saved from destruction just in the nick of time:


Bonus: Julie Andrews, who originated the role on Broadway, sings the same tune live on the Ed Sullivan variety show on July 15, 1956, with no dubbing at all:

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails