C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, August 23, 2026

Sunday Drive: Once Upon a Dream

The unforgettably romantic theme from Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty, 1959.  I never got to see the film until I was grown, but this little gay boy did play the song on a little yellow record over and over and over . . . .


The music is, of course, lifted directly from Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty ballet, 1889:


By the way, Resident Artist M.P. did get to see the movie as a little gay boy, and fell in love with the stylized artwork, which he still thinks is very, very cool. Check out this fascinating video about the artistic development behind the finished film:

-----

2 comments:

Frank said...

Just a note to say I've not been checking in of late...for many reasons that I won't go into in detail...aches, pains, physical therapy, not sleeping, mental health (depression) therapy, and trying to get excited about our vacation in September....I'll try to catch up with your posts soon.

Russ Manley said...

No problem, pardner. We can relate to everything you mentioned and then some (like 5 DAYS without a/c because of a freon leak - ugh!). You take care of yourself and Leon, stay cool, and check in when you can. All the best to you guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails