C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, September 1, 2024

Sunday Drive: The Lord's My Shepherd

This metrical version of the beloved Psalm 23 was a favorite of the late Queen's.  Mine too.
 

Today I add this reflection from Forward Day by Day, the Episcopal quarterly of daily readings and prayers.  I used to read them most days when I was new to the Church; now I dip into their website once in a while when I need a little inspiration.  I found this reading deeply moving.

Click to enlarge.

Despite what you may have heard on television or read on the intertubes, this is the Christian religion: to love our neighbors as God loves us.  God is Love.  That is my hope, my faith, and my belief.  And there's nothing wrong with that.
-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails