C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, July 29, 2023

Note to My Truckbuddies

What next?

The last month or so, your Head Trucker has felt a bit listless and unfocused.  Can't seem to get my head around the things I want to post here.  I chalked it up to this godawful heatwave that's afflicting the whole country, maybe the world - but earlier this week, M.P. insisted I go get checked out, and made the phone call over my protests.  I just felt a little dizzy with the heat, that's all.  No need to hit the panic button.

Now your favorite blogger has never been on any kind of daily medication - you know, like all those silly old people in the Geritol ads - and why should I?  I feel fine.  It's just too hot to move around much.  But the doc thought it was time to start me on some daily meds.  Stuff and nonsense, I said - I'm healthy as a horse - just a tired old queen, and your dadblame pills won't change that.  Besides, I've never been a druggie or a pill-taker - it's against my principles. 

But M.P. thought it was a Very Good Idea and pleaded with me to be nice and cooperate with the good doctor.  I was too tired to argue, so to make a long story short, she put me through a little tune-up, and sent me home with a laundry list of high-powered scrips.  A hundred bucks' worth, in fact, and that was at the discount pharmacy - highway robbery - what a racket.

When we got home, M.P., pleased as punch, declared himself Supreme Dispenser and Grand High Caretaker, and told me from now on I would have to do whatever he said.  Hmmph!  We'll see about that - but what the hell, I will let him have fun for now.  And kick his ass later if he goes overboard.  *Grin.*

M.P. has been on daily meds himself since his surgery a few years ago.  I suppose misery loves company.  Now we are both on the same schedule of noon and midnight pills, though not all the same ones.  I can't tell you I feel any peppier yet, but my vision seems slightly more blurry than usual, and I find I am making more the usual number of typos an leaving out words when I try to write an email or a blog post.  The docs never warn you about the side effects, do they?  Just take your pills and STF up about it, says M.P., relishing the moment.

Ah well, another day, another stage of life begins.  Surely all this stuff will even out in due course but in the meantime please forgive me if I dont' sound to postworthy the next few weeks.  Damn keyboard keeps messing me up here.  I hope to keep the men and music and beach cams coming, thought.  Thanks for riding along with me in the Blue Truck.  Y'all take care and stay cool, fellas.  Check you later.

-----

6 comments:

Tim said...

M.P. is THE man. Listen to him! Even a Blue Truck needs a de-coke now and then. ;)

Davis said...

I succumbed to daily meds a while back. I can say they make me feel much better but the doctor tells me I'll live longer (that could be read as a threat). Same doctor kept a friend going to 97 with good results until the very end - so maybe it's a good thing. Thank God for MP and those like him. In the meantime at least one of your fans is way ahead of you on this, Russ. Be well and I hope cool as soon as heaven perrmits.

Frank said...

I'm on one med daily (not counting Vitamin B & D), a beta-blocker that is supposed to keep me from waking up in a panic (I think) provide I am actually sleeping. I almost wish there was a pill I could take that would perk me up. Have had bad reactions to anti-depressants in the past, so don't trust them. Hubs the younger of the two of us, is on probably 10 pills a day (morning, evening, bedtime) since his heart attack. He is both conscientious and discouraged. He bleeds easily from any scrape or cut. Hopes to get off some of them some time. Anyhow "Welcome to the Club"
P.S. one blogger on diabetes meds said that without insurance his insulin and related stuff would cost $22,000 per year. It is outrageous. Only in the USA. But those republicans would take health insurance away and medicare too.

Russ Manley said...

Tim, Davis, Frank - Thanks for your support and good wishes, buddies. Nice to feel I'm "in with the In Crowd" now. Appreciate you all!

ChipSF said...

Feel better soon bud!
Chip

Russ Manley said...

Thanks, Chip - appreciate ya.

Related Posts with Thumbnails