C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Queen's Last Journey

A hearse bearing the Queen's coffin, draped in the Royal Standard, heads for Edinburgh.  Click to enlarge.

The globe-trotting Queen's final journey has begun, as her coffin is brought by car from Balmoral to Edinburgh, where it will lie in state, first overnight at Holyrood Palace,  and then for 24 hours at St. Giles' Cathedral, before being flown to London on Tuesday.  Watch the journey live on Sky News:

 

The Queen's funeral has been set for Monday, September 19th, in Westminster Abbey, with the final obsequies to be held at St. George's Chapel, Windsor.  A very helpful schedule of events, complete with pictures and maps, is found on the BBC website.

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails