C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, January 24, 2022

Prayers for Peace

The Water Lily Pond, Claude Monet, 1899

The last thing anyone needs is a war just now.  Or at any time.  If you've read today's headlines, I have nothing further to say about world events; but I will say that now is the time to pray for peace on earth.

You can always make up your own prayer, anywhere, anytime.  Or you can think peaceful thoughts embracing all the lands and peoples of this troubled world.  Or just be still inside, in holy silence and at peace with all mankind.

Prayer is the soul's sincere desire, uttered or unexpressed.

If you would rather do than think or pray, consider forgiving someone who has trespassed against you.  Or do an act of kindness that you don't have to do - give something you don't have to give - love someone who can't love you back - without any thought of thanks or reward.  If you can do so anonymously, so much the better.  All these are works of peace.

If you want a set prayer, here are several collections of prayers from all around the world, and many faiths.  It's always possible to adopt one phrase or sentence that is particularly meaningful to you and use it as a frequent repetition, if you like. 

But whatever you do, I entreat you - do it now.

-----

Related Posts with Thumbnails