C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, April 17, 2021

Funeral of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Here is the BBC broadcast in its entirety; the funeral itself begins at the 2:30 mark with the arrival of the coffin at the steps of St. George's Chapel and a minute of silence that was observed across the United Kingdom.

 

The service was very simple yet meaningful, very much reflecting the Duke's wishes and his own character. The Order of Service, with all the prayers, hymns, and readings, is here

A great loss to the Queen and her family; but a splendid send-off of a "true and valiant knight" whose virtues stand out in relief against the darkening backdrop of the modern world.  

My own dear parents, now long gone to their rest, were married in the same year as the royal couple; so this service touched on some tender chords in my heart.


-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails