C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, December 12, 2020

R. I. P.: Charley Pride

Country music legend Charley Pride died today, age 86.  The first black country singer to receive widespread acclaim, Pride racked up a long string of number-one country music hits in the 1970s and 1980s, and accumulated numerous awards and honors throughout his career.  His last appearance was just a month ago in Nashville, where he received the CMA Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award.  Here he sings one of his greatest hits with contemporary country artist Jimmie Allen:

 


Here he sings the same hit song on the Lynn Anderson Show in 1971:

 


 In this 2017 interview, Pride talked about his roots and his music:

 


-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails