C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Drive: Fly Me to the Moon

Tony Bennett sings the classic love song, paired here with images from the first trip to the surface of the Moon and back - fifty years ago.  I watched it on TV as a youth - and now I am an old man, remembering the summer of 1969, its sights and sounds, its tastes and smells, all the textures of my life back then, when anything was possible:  so near in memory, though gone irretrievably now.

My, how time flies.




3 comments:

Frank said...

1969 - the summer of love. "Where have all the hippies gone, long time passing..."

Davis said...

A great post, Russ.

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate ya, fellas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails