C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, March 13, 2019

So They Loaded up the Truck and Moved to . . .


Far, far away in a never-never land of swimming pools and movie stars sits a fabled mansion long celebrated in song and story, which every American over fifty, say, will instantly recognize - and indeed, feel intimately acquainted with, despite never having set foot in it.  The name of the house - most incongruously to our British friends, I'm sure - is Chartwell, and it rises atop a bluff in Bel Air, commanding a breathtaking view from the mountains to the city to the sea.

And now this home of dreams, so well remembered, so fondly admired, can be yours - for only $245 million.  With 11 bedrooms, 18 bathrooms, and a 5-bedroom guest house, the property can easily accommodate you, your whole dadburn family, a passel of country cousins, and all the critters you can stand.  And rest assured that no element of comfort or convenience has been overlooked:  it comes complete with a 40-car garage, a 12,000-bottle wine cellar, a cement pond in the back yard, and a terrace big enough for hanging out your laundry and cooking up all the rhumatiz' medicine you require.

Unfortunately, there are no photographs of the interior in this presentation video, so you just might have to bring your own pot passers for the fancy eatin' room.




But the presentation is just not complete without the theme song, which starts at the :30 mark below:




If any of you peckerwoods do buy this place, you be sure and drop ol' Russ a postcard, and tell me all about it.


2 comments:

Frank said...

For some reason you have not been on my news feed or whatever it's called on my dashboard. So I've missed your posts for a few weeks or more...your Mardi Gras feast looked fantastic...MP is a much more accomplished cook, or should I say chef, than I will ever be. So much attention to detail, to presentation, to exacting ingredients and flavors...um. My only criticism is that the table is set for only two. I did manage to make the yearly King Cake but that was about it. We had two of our vegetarian lesbian neighbors over for home made manicotti, ratatouille. and King Cake. Very home-spun and not so elegant.

Anyhow, will try to link you to my news feed again.

Russ Manley said...

Oh yes please get the BT reconnected. Nobody commented on anything last week, and I was afraid all of y'all were iced over and frozen in.

Thanks for your compliments on the meal, I will pass them on to M.P. He is very creative, and loves to tackle a complex dish, especially if he thought it up himself - as he often does, on the spur of the moment - but I'm sure you have comparable skills, being intimately well-versed in all the mysteries of cucina Italiana.

It's a pity we don't have friends close by to share our table with, but we senior citizens take great delight in our happy little dinners a deux on Sundays and holidays, when we can have a leisurely, civilized meal together and savor each bite. We never dine out - unless you count the occasional run to KFC or Whataburger - but home cooking keeps us content.

Related Posts with Thumbnails