C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sunday Drive: Les Huguenots


The Queen's Official Birthday was observed in London yesterday with the brilliant pageantry of Trooping the Colour, which this year also marks Her Majesty's 65 years on the Throne - and long may she reign. The march from Meyerbeer's opera Les Huguenots is said to be a particular favorite of the Queen's; here is a clip of it from the 2014 ceremony - watch to see Her Majesty tapping her foot in time with the music:



And for those who may wish to watch, here is the BBC telecast of yesterday's events, including the RAF fly-past after the Royal Family appeared on the balcony at Buckingham Palace:




The Queen also issued this statement yesterday regarding the recent tragedies that have afflicted the United Kingdom:

Click to enlarge.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails