C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, April 1, 2017

In Memoriam: Gilbert Baker, 1951-2017



Gilbert Baker, creator of the rainbow flag, died yesterday at age 65.  Too young, but what a beautiful legacy he left us all.




Of course, many variants of the rainbow flag have been created in countries all around the world, and if not for Gilbert, we wouldn't have seen this fabulous sight on June 26, 2015:


So Gilbert's little sparkle of creativity has rippled out across the whole world and will cascade down the years, a symbol of pride, freedom, and hope to countless millions. What better memorial could there be? May he rest in peace.


1 comment:

Frank said...

Yes, indeed...such a joyful, glorious symbol of our pride. There is a rainbow flag next to our front portal. Thank you Gilbert.

Related Posts with Thumbnails