C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, June 11, 2016

Trooping the Colour, 2016



The official celebrations of Her Majesty the Queen's 90th birthday began yesterday in London with a service of thanksgiving at St. Paul's cathedral; and as it happens, yesterday was also the 95th birthday of her consort, HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.






Today, the annual Queen's Birthday Parade, also known as Trooping the Colour, took place, with the Queen taking the salute of the Coldstream Guards on Horse Guards Parade, followed by a balcony appearance with the rest of the Royal Family and a splendid fly-past put on by the Royal Air Force. The precision flying of the Red Arrows, seen at the end of the third video below, was surely a breathtaking sight to see.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails