C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 27, 2014

Something To Be Thankful For

Due to unavoidable delays, the Pork Boys won't be eating Thanksgiving dinner until Monday; but in the meantime, your Head Trucker joins in the feeling of gratitude and amazement expressed by Freedom to Marry:


Thirty-five states and the District of Columbia, plus assorted Indian tribes - my word, whodathunkit just a year ago? Of course, it's always wise not to count one's chickens before they hatch - but sure seems like we are on track for a full 50 states by this time next year, maybe.

All of which comes too late to do your Head Trucker any good - but it warms my heart to think of all that it means for these happy couples, and all the others we've seen tie the knot around the country in the last few years. In the midst of all that's wrong with the world, do try to keep an attitude of gratitude in your hearts, fellas. It's important.

Because no matter how bad things may seem right now, they could be worse - you could be living in Russia, or Uganda, Iran, Jamaica, or some other hellhole, which but for an accident of birth or the grace of God, you aren't. So enjoy that turkey dinner and the company you keep today - with true thanks in your heart for all that is right in your corner of the world.

Latest marriage map from Wikipedia; click to enlarge.
Legend here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails