C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, June 26, 2014

One Year On: Windsor v. United States


Man, oh man. It's been a breathtaking roll down the fast lane since the Supreme Court delivered its historic ruling in Windsor v. United States a year ago today.   At the moment, same-sex marriage is legal in 20 states plus the District of Columbia; in the other 30, plus Puerto Rico, lawsuits are working their way through the courts.  Here's the latest map from Wikipedia of where things stand with the states:



And here's a clip of plaintiff Edie Windsor, the nation's favorite octogenarian lesbian, explaining how she got to the Supreme Court, with a little help from her friends:




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails