C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, May 12, 2014

Marriage News Watch, 5/12/14

Matt Baume of the American Foundation for Equal Rights reports:




Here's the Utah ad for same-sex marriage from Freedom to Marry, featuring Drs. Wendy Matis and Dale Smith and their children:




And in Arkansas, the state attorney general has asked the Arkansas Supreme Court to issue a stay on gay marriages; it's not known how soon the court will respond.  By noon today, more than 100 gay couples had obtained marriage licenses in Little Rock and Fayetteville, and some were married at the courthouses, but the clerk in Eureka Springs has apparently has stopped issuing marriage licenses for some unknown reason.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails