C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Day: Exsultet


A friend writes:

My Exsultet blessing for you.  You know how, especially this excerpt, it seems to still renew me again every year since I was a teen. And it makes me want everyone to feel the same blessed way.

Of this night scripture says:
"The night will be as clear as day:
it will become my light, my joy."

The power of this holy night dispels all evil,
washes guilt away, restores lost innocence,
brings mourners joy;
it casts out hatred, brings us peace,
and humbles earthly pride.

Night truly blessed when heaven is wedded to earth
and man is reconciled with God!

3 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

Russ,
I hope youhad a blessed day yesterday. I also hop ethe weather did not get to you as much last night.

I do hope you have a blessed week this week.
Hugs
Ray

DeepBlue said...

Never forget I much we are blessed... in spite of all.
I hadn't heard the exultet for more than 25 years or so. Thank you!

Russ Manley said...

Thanks, Ray. You're welcome, Blue.

Related Posts with Thumbnails